Design and Implementation of course materials
Two-week petrology module on UHP metamorphism developed as part of a ‘Broader Impacts’ segment of an NSF grant. The one-week lab utilizes samples collected from the Western Gneiss Region UHP metamorphic terrane. The lab activity and accompanying instructor materials were designed in consultation with the Science and Education Resource Center (SERC, Northfield, MN), and include 15 sets of petrographic thin sections, hand samples, and accompanying EPMA analyses available to undergraduate petrology professors.
- Earth history (Spring, 2012)
- Field geology (Fall 2014, 2015)
- Earth environments and life through time (Spring, 2015)
- Structural geology (Spring, 2016)
- Solid Earth dynamics (Fall 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Introductory field geology (Summer 2017, 2018)
- Geology and cinema (Spring 2017, 2018)
- Petrology (metamorphic petrology portion), (Spring 2019)
- Advanced field geology (Summer 2019)
- Field geology (Fall 2015): Two weeks of leading lectures and weekly field trips
- Oceanography (Fall, 2016): One guest lecture period. Designed lecture, presented lecture to ~150 students.