here are vector-based versions of commonly photocopied teaching or research tools.
Feel free to use or modify as desired
Here are some .rmd files for plotting various geochron, geochem, and structure figures
Here are some other useful reference materials that I did not make.
Links to software that has been valuable in my research.
QGIS: for mapping from km- to micron-scale, and managing microanalytical point and raster data
- QGIS: https://qgis.org/en/site/
- Freehand georeferencer plugin: https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/FreehandRasterGeoreferencer/
- WiscSIMS micro-QGIS knowledge base: https://sites.google.com/a/wisc.edu/wiscsims-micro-qgis/home
- MTEX for EBSD data analysis in MATLAB*: https://mtex-toolbox.github.io/index.html
- MATLAB*, for using MTEX along with many other possible approaches for data analysis : https://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab.html
R and RStudio for managing and investigating large datasets, plotting, etc.
- R: https://www.r-project.org/
- RStudio: https://www.rstudio.com/
- ggplot2, for all sorts of plotting within R: https://ggplot2.tidyverse.org/index.html
- R Graph Gallery: https://www.r-graph-gallery.com/index.html
- IsoplotR, for geochronology data: (ucl.ac.uk page for project description and online processing) https://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucfbpve/isoplotr/home/index.html; (CRAN package details) https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/IsoplotR/index.html
- LambdaR, a REE curve-fitting program from Anenburg et al. (2020): (ANU website for web version of apps) https://earthsciences.anu.edu.au/research/software; (download source code to run in RStudio within the app) https://lambdar.rses.anu.edu.au/blambdar/
Color management for presentations and figure drafting
- Easy RGB, for converting color data into different standards and color spaces (useful for R) https://www.easyrgb.com/en/convert.php#inputFORM
- Color palette generator, for poster and figure design (press spacebar to randomly generate a new palette): https://coolors.co/091e05-004f2d-d87cac-f9b9c3-ffda22
Other useful resources
- Exiftool, for managing exif data of, e.g., field images: https://exiftool.org/
- ImageJ, for image analysis: https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/
- Density Plotter, for, e.g., KDEs: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucfbpve/densityplotter/
- Stereonet: http://www.geo.cornell.edu/geology/faculty/RWA/programs/stereonet.html